Workshop to Raise Awareness about Prevent
Date & Time:
An understanding of the Prevent strategy and your role within it
The ability to use existing expertise and professional judgment to recognise the vulnerable individuals who may need support
Local safeguarding and referral mechanisms and people to contact for further help and advice
This workshop is an introduction to the Prevent strategy and an individual’s role in safeguarding vulnerable people. It does not cover wider institutional responsibilities under the duty.
Who is this course for?
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in their paid or voluntary work.
People who have taken this course include:
- Prevention and intervention support worker
- All school staff
- Designated safeguarding leads
- Family support workers
- Voluntary sector
- Police officers
- Health care staff
- Foster carers and residential staff
- Housing support officers
- Social workers
- Understand Prevents aims
- Think about who may be vulnerable to extremism and radicalisation
- See why some people are able to influence and manipulate others to commit crimes
- Recognise when a vulnerable individual may be in need of your help
- Be clear on what help and support looks like in this area, and who you should turn to if you have concerns
Basic Safeguarding Awareness training should have been attended prior to attending this course.