Self Neglect & Hoarding
Date & Time:
Target Group (Staff Levels):
The target audience is staff levels 2-3 (in accordance with the Dudley Safeguarding Adults Board) Safeguarding Strategy 2018-19.
This course provides essential understanding of self-neglect for anyone working in care, housing, Police, Health, Ambulance and Fire Services, Environmental Health, Mental Health Services and other related services.
- How to recognise and work with someone who self-neglects
- Explore appropriate, timely and responsive interventions
- Consider when safeguarding is the appropriate response and the importance of multi-agency approaches
- Explore sensitive personal safeguarding approaches
- How to support the person to gain mental and physical wellbeing and prevent the need for future services