Virtual - Understanding Domestic Abuse
Date & Time:
This 1 and half day domestic abuse course provides staff from both the children’s and adults’ workforce across all partner organisations with a broad and comprehensive training on domestic abuse issues.
- To understand the specific impacts of domestic abuse on both adults and children
- To develop an understanding of domestic abuse and be able to recognise the signs/symptoms
- To understand the additional barriers which victims from minoritized communities may face in reporting issues and accessing support
- Be able to respond to a disclosure of domestic abuse sensitively and in a way that promotes the safety of adult victims, children and families
- Be able to complete a DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking & Honour Based Violence) risk assessment
- Understand the role of MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) and how to make referrals
- To receive information on local interventions for adult victims, children and perpetrators
- Have an understanding of the 7 golden rules of information sharing
- Be able to recognise the links to mental health, alcohol and substance misuse
- Have an awareness of the legal duties in relation to child protection, adults with care and support needs and domestic abuse victims
- To receive an introduction to ‘honour’ based abuse, forced marriage and female genital mutilation
- To receive an introduction to key learning from local Domestic Homicide Reviews, Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adults Reviews
Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of both of the training sessions unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via Katriona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking has now closed for this event.
This is a virtualised course that will be delivered using the Microsoft Teams platform.
You will need to download and install it and ensure it works ready for the training.