Virtual - Introduction to Domestic Abuse
Date & Time:
This course is delivered on behalf of the Dudley Safeguarding People Partnership Board by National Centre for Domestic Violence.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of Domestic Abuse, to enable their ability to work both individually and together with other agencies and support services to Safeguard Adults, Children and Young People.
Who is this course for?
This course is for ALL those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with Adults, Children and Young People; in addition to those who hold particular responsibilities for Safeguarding and for those who hold positions within their respective roles as professional advisors.
Learners will be able to:
- Enhance their general knowledge, confidence and understanding of Domestic Abuse and strengthen their ability to work together effectively with other agencies to Safeguard Adults, Children and Young People
- Have awareness of the Government Domestic Abuse Definition
- Identify Risks and Triggers – with reference to DASH risk assessment tool
- Have knowledge of Local and National Referral pathways – SPOC
- Have awareness of MARAC/Domestic Homicide Review/DART/MASH
- Have knowledge and understanding of National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) and the Civil Interventions that are available to Safeguard Victims of Domestic Abuse, both Adult and Child
Booking has now closed for this event.
This is a virtualised course that will be delivered using the Microsoft Teams platform.
You will need to download and install it and ensure it works ready for the training.