Terms & Conditions
Dudley Safeguarding People Partnership (DSPP)
“Delegate” means the person attending the event
“Event” means courses/training/ briefings or conferences offered by the DSPP as the stated venue
“Materials” means any documentation in either machine readable or printed form
“Venue” means the location at which an event is to be held
“We” DSPP and Trainers
2. Our Responsibilities
It is our responsibility to
- Confirm your booking by email unless you have registered with an @noreply.co
- Send an automated email confirmation to secure your booking, unless - see i. above, you therefore need to supply us with a contact number to enable us to contact you should a course be cancelled or you can check via “Dudley Safeguarding booking system”.
- Endeavour to give you as much notice as possible in the event of any cancellations
- If we cancel the training on which you are booked, you will be contacted at the email address or telephone number you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide valid details
- We have the right to refuse or turn away delegates on late arrival/disruptive behaviour
- We will issue a certificate on completion of courses (this includes post training activities such as evaluation of the course where relevant).
- We reserve the right to withhold certificates for programmes until the course evaluated or if you did not meet the required standard for completion.
3. Your Responsibilities
It is the delegates’ responsibility to:
- Obtain authorisation from your manager before booking onto an event
- Provide accurate and up to date information when creating an account.
- Provide accurate and up to date information when booking on any of our events
- If you have registered with a @noreply.com email then you will need to check the Dudley Safeguarding booking system to ensure that your booking has been authorised
- Keep relevant information relating to training events you are booked onto, this can be found under Dudley Safeguarding booking system **
- Notify us of any specific dietary or access requirements.
- Attend all dates on courses (if it has more than one day) as stated within each course (e.g. 2 days or more).
- Arrive promptly on the day of the course***.
- You must stay for the duration of the course. If unforeseen circumstances occur and you need to miss part of the course then attainment of the certificate will be negotiated with the trainer. DSPP reserves the right not to issue a certificate of attendance
- Complete an online evaluation of the event within 7-10 working days of the course attendance and complete any required post learning activity in required timeframe
- Print off or download your certificate once the event has been evaluated.
- Print off and bring with you any documents that you have been requested to bring when booking on the course, i.e. course workbook.
- Complete pre-course reading or tasks set before attending the course.
All bookings are subject to the agreement of the delegate and their manager. By submitting your booking request, the delegate and manager (where relevant) confirm they have read the terms and conditions and are happy for the nominated delegate to attend on the date specified.
You will be responsible for updating DSPP if you move departments or establishments to ensure our data is as accurate as possible.
It will be the responsibility of the establishment where the delegate initially books on a course from, who will be liable for the full costs of any course including late cancellations.
*If you are running late, please call the venue to inform them of your delay. All venue details are identified online at the time of booking and on your course booking confirmation email.
*** candidates that are more than 30 minutes late to a one day course without making contact with the venue or training team will not be allowed admittance and will be charged the full fee (£100) for non-attendance. candidates who are more than 15 minutes late for a half day course or shorter briefing session without making contact with the venue or training team will not be allowed admittance and will be charged the full fee (£50) for non-attendance.
4. Cancellations / Non attendance
- Relevant substitutions of attendee maybe made at any time. If you are unable to attend the training and have identified someone else to take your place, please ensure that the chosen course will match his or her learning needs
- It is the delegate’s responsibility to cancel bookings online or to notify DSPP at the earliest convenience where possible, please see cancellation charges below.
- Notice of cancellations must be received no less than 3 days prior to the course date otherwise delegates will be charged as below:
- Charges will be applied for the following timescales:-
Notice of cancellation received more than 5 working days before course start: No Charge
Notice of cancellation received within working 5 days: £50 (per half day or less), £100 (full day, per day)
- Non attendance of training courses will incur the followng charges: £50 (per half day or less), £100 (full day, per day)
- Continued failure to attend booked training may result in delegates being denied access to future learning & development opportunities.
- If an establishment/organisation can find an appropriate substitute, they will not be charged.
- Cancellation fee may be waived if an emergency has arisen for the delegate this is at the discretion of DSPP.
- All income generated will be reinvested in training.
- Where there is a requirement to leave early please state under “Special Requirements” when completing your online booking or mention to your trainer at the start of the session. You will be marked as partially attended and the trainer / DSPP reserves the right not to issue a certificate of attendance.
- We make every effort to ensure that venues have adequate parking, however we cannot guarantee there will be spaces on the day. Please contact the venue stated on the confirmation email for further details where applicable.
- If information is required on public transport please contact National Express West Midlands on 0121 254 7272.
- If the course you wish to attend is fully booked, check to see if there is another date available that you can attend.
- £75 per full day course
- £25 per full day course or less
6. Equality of Opportunity
DSPP will promote equality of opportunity at all times and enable equal access to learning. DSPP will ensure that delegates are not discriminated against because of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. These are known as ‘protected characteristics’ as outlined in the Equality Act 2010 which defines direct discrimination as less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic (Equality Act 2010).