Safeguarding Awareness Level 3 - Adults
Date & Time:
Target Group (Staff Levels):
The target audience is staff levels 2, 3 & 4 (in accordance with the Dudley Safeguarding Adults Board) Safeguarding Strategy 2018-19.
Level 3 Safeguarding Adults session offers delegates the opportunity to explore the legal framework, which underpins safeguarding adults work, and to explore the key challenges that may arise in practice. It will guide the delegates through the safeguarding adults process and focus on making safeguarding personal.
- Learn from case reviews in terms of implications on safeguarding adult practice
- Demonstrate and understanding of the requirements of the Care Act 2014 in relation to adult safeguarding
- Describe personalised responses to adults at risk of harm that reflect the principles of safeguarding
- Understand their roles and responsibilities
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of partner agencies
- Apply effective positive risk assessment and risk management approaches
- Consider the issues surrounding consent, capacity, confidentiality and information sharing
- Describe the key steps and timescales of the adult safeguarding pathway in line with policy and procedures
- Understand what informs a decision to undertake an enquiry.
- Increased ‘legal literacy’ in relation to protecting adults from abuse and neglect
Brief Biography - David Gell
David has worked within social care and health environment for 25 years. Previous posts included Senior Adult Workforce Development Manager for Birmingham’s Adult and Communities Directorate, Lead Adult Trainer for Birmingham Social Care and Health, Social Work Team Manager, Senior Practitioner and numerous posts within the provider sector.