Exploitation - Serious Youth Violence [DEx] - (2022)
Date & Time:
This course offers a more comprehensive overview to the subject of gangs and youth violence; helping the participants recognise the extent of the problem; what gangs are and what they do and understand what can be done to prevent and work with those involved. It will also more in-depth information around county lines, the use of the National Referral Mechanism and complex safeguarding. All of this through a trauma informed lens.
By the end of the course, you should:
- understand the way gangs are defined
- Understand the risk factors and warning signs
- Identify the windows of opportunity for intervention and prevention
- Understand the impact of trauma for those involved
- Understand complex and contextual safeguarding terms and opportunities for allying to practice
This is a level 2 (Safeguarding Professionals) course. There is an expectation that delegates have an Understanding of Child Exploitation Prior to booking on this course. Please view our eLearning course for this course if required.
Please note: DSPP training is free of charge for all statutory agencies, voluntary organisations and registered childminders that work in Dudley. If you are booking for an organisation that is outside the Dudley borough or private enterprises and profit-making organisations charges for courses will apply as per our terms and conditions.
If in doubt, please contact the Learning Zone via the email at the bottom of this page.