DSPP Annual Conference 2022
Date & Time:
The Dudley Safeguarding People Partnership is holding our annual conference where we will be formally launching our priorities for the next two years and what this means for you and your organisation, as well as looking at key learning from our recent Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and Safeguarding Adult Reviews. There will also be an opportunity for networking, as our partners will be promoting their work via our marketplace.
Since the launch of the DSPP in late 2019, Covid-19 has prevented us from bringing all of our partners together to share our learning face to face. Please join us for this exciting opportunity to hear from keynote speakers Dez Holmes, Director at Research in Practice and Professor Michael Preston-Shoot, Emeritus Professor of Social Work at the University of Bedfordshire.
In addition to this, we will be sharing the learning from our reviews via Aftathought, an organisation who use drama to bring learning to life. This promises to be a memorable and unique experience that will enhance your understanding of our work and compliment your own safeguarding practice.
To support the delivery of the Dudley Safeguarding People Partnership by:
- Delivering our shared responsibility for the safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk in the borough
- Promoting positive working relationships with each other and children, adults and families
- Identifying and acting on learning
- Improving our visibility across the partnership
Aims and Objectives:
- To have an awareness of the Safeguarding Partnership arrangements in Dudley and launch the priorities for the Partnership for 2022/24
- To understand recent learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and Safeguarding Adult Reviews
- To understand practice improvement activity across the partnership, including how this can be utilised across your organisation
- To have a greater understanding of your shared responsibility within the Safeguarding Partnership
- To be sufficiently informed to take accountability for the dissemination of the information above across your organisation.
Who is it for?
Senior leaders, managers and frontline practitioners